Financial Controller (UK Headquartered Group)
Base: £60k+, share options, hybrid working and employee benefit program
Who we are
FIDO Tech believes in a world without water scarcity. We are catalysing private-public communities and building unconventional partnerships in order to accelerate this mission and deliver water security globally. Our core values; to be brave, curious, all-in and leave no-one behind, are central to our determination to drive this change.
We are an award-winning industry innovator delivering water security through AI-led prioritised leakage reduction, non-revenue water elimination and demand management. The business operates at an ambitious pace with a dynamic working environment.
We are looking for a qualified accountant to join our UK based Finance Team. You will be responsible for managing the day to day running of the finance function and presenting the monthly accounts with full reconciliations and analysis to the CFO. Much of FIDO Tech’s current revenue is from the UK but we are preparing to deliver significant international expansion so the successful candidate needs to be comfortable with consolidations and working in multiple currencies.
As a rapidly growing scale-up FIDO Tech is likely to be going through various funding transactions so there will be an opportunity to support the experienced CFO in these projects with the ad hoc work which accompanies these events and gain insight into transactional work and due diligence.
- ACA or ACCA qualified accountant, ideally with experience in audit.
- Strong technical skills, comfortable with dealing with consolidation work and multiple currencies.
- Impeccable attention to detail and the ability to self-check work.
- Comfortable liaising with senior stakeholders in the business.
- Tasks to include owning the month-end process, taking charge of accounts payable and receivable.
- Potential to own the end-to-end audit process depending on experience.
- We are a fast-moving scale-up, requiring the finance function to adapt and keep pace with the business. You will be comfortable working within a dynamic environment.
- You will have a pragmatic solutions-focused approach, able to assess whether work is being done in the most efficient way and implementing new processes.
- 3-5 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- ACA or ACCA preferred
- Audit experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org